Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] curious behaviour in 13956

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:13:39 +0200
Herbert Lischka wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> first of all, thank's for the fast fix in 13955

No problem, as it was me breaking things a few hours ago ;-)

You are trying at a time where things are on the move. Usually SVN trunk
is more stable.

> now I have a little strange behaviour in 13956:
> I have a large file with 26857 TCP, IPX and UDP packages.

A large file with 26857 packets? Some people will call that only a
caplet ;-)

> I want to filter only UDP packages and after 19028 packages this
> segfault occurs:
>
> can anybody help me, or can I help somehow ?

I've check in a fix, please report if it fixed your problem.

Instead crashing, it should report a [Dissector Bug] now.

Regards, ULFL