Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Major capture engine rework commited!

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:28:26 +0200
Hi List!

I've just checked in another (big) part of my capture engine rework.

The most important part: we no longer use two different task models for
capturing. Even the ring buffer modes will work with two tasks now.

This will:

- significantly simplify code (after I've done some more cleanup in the
next days)
- a big step towards privilege separation (separate capturing tool)

I'm glad that this seems to be working, after spending several weeks!!!
to implement this. As the capturing engine was a "monolithic piece of
sh..." before, which was *very hard* to understand (if at all in it's
completeness) and almost impossible to change.

Some minor parts may still be buggy, so be aware while capturing in the
next days, and please report new problems to the list.

Regards, ULFL