Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] CRITICAL: Ethereal 0.10.10 Locks up Windows XP Solid!

From: "Idon ." <fehe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:26:41 -0800
If you enable "Update list of packets in real time" under "Display Options" of the "Ethereal: Capture Options" dialog and click "OK" to perform the capture, Ethereal locks up Windows XP solid. The only remedy is a hard reboot. I do not recall seeing this problem in Ethereal 0.10.9. I have even tried one of the latest development builds and get the same lockup.

My System:
Intel PIII 933 on i815
512 MB RAM
Windows XP SP2 + patches