Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Bug report : crash when exporting a radius tracein the PDML f

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:40:39 -0000
Title: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Bug report : crash when exporting a radius tracein the PDML form at

Yes, I agree it is not crashing anymore with this trace whereas tethereal still does. I am enclosing two dump files from ethereal this time with a new capture file. It is always crashing at the same point in the code : ftypes.c , line 302 : the ftype pointer inside the structure fv looks corrupted.

FYI, the dump files aren't much use without the associated pdb files.  Especially if the executable is a locally compiled one.  Also the dump files are of the min-dump format which only includes registers, the stack of the faulting thread and parts of memory.

Although I haven't done it with ethereal, in my day job we do analyse full crash dumps with windbg with some success :-).  Stack scribbles do seem to be the hardest ones to resolve though :-(

Regards,

Graham Bloice.