Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal and src/dest port

From: Glenn D Blanford Jr <blanford@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:36:55 -0500
Does anyone know how to force Ethereal to choose a specific port
or port order?
Specifically I want to decode particular ports in the 50000-60000 range
(for a private network application)
but dont know whether they will be src or dest.

The peer will usually have a smaller port number like 1200 or 6000 ish
so the port hash always fails me (if the other port corresponds to
a somewhat-well-known port (1024-44152?)).

The "decode As" would work but I want to do it permanently and for a range of
ports.  I guess I am looking for a way to reverse the port search order in
the hash.
Has anyone worked with this.
I would be grateful for your help.
Thank you,