Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Banish ALL kinds of g_assert from epan (dissector) code?

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:12:35 +0100
At this point I have few questions:

- How do I malloc something so that it can be freed after an exception?

- How do I free what's being malloced that way?

- Since some of the proto.c functions that THROW are used during setup
by some dissectors (I know MATE does for sure I think others do as
well); I wonder on what would happen if an exception is thrown.  Are
we already in a TRY frame during protocol registration/handoff and
preferences setup or should that be created in case something is
thrown during that phase?

- I have another more general question related to the TRY-CATCH
mechanism that ethereal uses. can TRY "blocks" nest? (is there a stack
for long jumps?)

Thanks