Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Bug report for ethereal-0.10.10 on Fedora x86_64 version

From: Pierre JUHEN <pierre.juhen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:09:47 +0100 (CET)
I have been tracking this bug under gdb.

Using a dichotomic approach of steeping inside the program, I noticed that the stack changed during the GUI rebuilding.

When the program comes back from the buggy part,  the data stack is incorrect and it segfaults.

I located the bug in menu.c, when the GUI is being rebuild to do real time display of the capture.

So, for me, the bugs lies somewhere in menu.c (or program called by a routine in menu.c), but not necessarily  where the debugger displays when it crashes.

I will put a  more detailed message tonight to explain what I found in gdb.

Regards,

Pierre JUHEN