Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Buildbot crash output

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:24:32 -0600
Gerald Combs wrote:
> Buildbot wrote:
>
>>Problems have been found with the following capture file(s):
>>
>>http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/buildbot-builds/randpkt/randpkt-tcp.port==179,isakmp.out.1111348246
>

> Sorry about the duplicate messages.  The "copy the crash captures to the
> destination directory" script had a typo.

I should also point out that duplicating the bugs found by the "random"
test script is less obvious than it used to be.  Since randpkt can't
explicitly test every dissector, the test script creates files using
randpkt's "bgp" and "dns" dump types, then forces decoding of each TCP-
and UDP-based protocol as port 179 and 53 respectively.  As a result,
you'd have to run

    tethereal -nVr randpkt-tcp.port==179,isakmp.out.1111348246 \
        -d tcp.port==179,isakmp

on the crash dump above in order to duplicate the bug.