Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Regarding Memory allocation

From: "harshas" <harshas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:33:55 +0530
Hello sir,
  Thanks for your reply and I went through my wiretap code and
  now filtering works fine if applied to protocol sub tree fields.
1. I want to apply filtering to the first window contents.ie filtering based
on
   source, destination and packet info contents.But the values of source and
  destination I am sending as "STRING".How to register the fields in
dissector file
  so as to filter based on the source and destination.

2. This is what I want to do, if  display filter is (xxx.src == "STR_XXX")
then
  I want the ethereal has to print all the packets with the source
"STR_XXX".

3. Sir please tell me the registration steps .

Regards
      Harsha