Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Regarding Display Filters

From: "harshas" <harshas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:31:55 +0530
Hello list,
   I am using ethereal to read an existing captured file and decoding it.
   I can aplly display filters to the decoded trees and it works fine.I am printing some
   string on the source,destination and packet info column of ethereal instead of the IP
   address.

1. Is it posiible to filter the packets based on the source,destination or packet_info string similer to (ip.src == 192.168.11.2).In my case source,destination and packet_info are String values.

2. if so in what way I should register the fileds of source.destination and packet info
   in order to use them for filtering.