Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Bug ugly protocol graph

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:42:27 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:

I wrote a script (attached) that converts the output of "tethereal -G
decodes" into a Graphviz graph.  The final output can be found at
http://www.ethereal.com/~gerald/big-ugly-protocol-graph.png .  With a
bit of tweaking, we _might_ be able to turn this into a protocol poster.
Hmmm, needed some time to figure out, that the stdout output of ethereal won't put out on stdout?!? Not what I'd expected :-)

After using tethereal I got that text output ...

Looks already interesting, e.g. I didn't know we already have a something like a "null" dissector :-)

As Guy already mentioned, this won't include all dissectors we have, but still be a good start.

Regards, ULFL