Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.10 next week?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 07:17:03 +0100
Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM) wrote:

I'd like to release 0.10.10 next week, on the 10th or 11th.  If anyone
needs to postpone, please let me know.

I would like a reordering of the menus to be considered before that.
I think that at least "RTP", "TCP Stream Graph" and "VoIP Calls" fit
better under "Analysis" than under "Statistics".

That's not as easy as it seems, as the statistics items are registered, while the Analyze ones are hardcoded into menu.c.

I would agree, that we need some rethinking about the Analyze/Statistics items (again), but not until the next release and not without a general solution to this topic.

The problem is to find a solution suitable for *all* menu items, I'm open for a "complete" solution to this, but I'm strictly against moving only some of the items around.

The solution should not be to put any item in the Analyze menu, this would end up in a very large drop down menu which would be very ugly to handle with.

Regards, ULFL