Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Correcting manufacturer OUI

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:05:34 -0500
Sorry for the confusion. 08:00:0F does belong to Mitel Networks. I am
trying to change the file so that it contains the correct information. The
current file version shows SMC as the owner (incorrect information).

Juan Gonzalez
Mitel Networks

                      Joerg Mayer
                      <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>       To:       Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                               cc:       Juan_Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxx
                      03/05/2005 08:29         Subject:  Re: [Ethereal-dev] Correcting manufacturer OUI
                      PM

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 02:54:43PM -0500, Juan_Gonzalez@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The attached patch corrects a manufacturer OUI. The information changed
is
> based on the latest ieee oui list.
> (See attached file: manuf.patch)

| FILE COMPARISON^M
| Produced: 2/25/2005 2:52:08 PM^M
| ^M
| ^M
| Left File: C:\Ethereal\ethereal-0.10.6\manuf     Right File:
| +C:\Ethereal\ethereal-0.10.6_NaturalConvergence\manuf^M
| 7539c7539^M
| < 08:00:0F      Mitel                              # Mitel Networks^M
| ---^M
| > 08:00:0F      SMC^M

I have some problem to understand the information: Are you trying to tell
me that 08:00:0F does not belong to Mitel but to SMC instead? According
to the IEEE web page, this OUI belongs to Mitel:
Source: http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui_public.txt
In case another source at IEEE lists this as SMC, please let me know.

Thanks
      Joerg