Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] updated JXTA dissector patch

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 08:05:40 +1100
Checked in,  with one hf field that were not used removed.

Can you change the dissectors to be new style dissectors  (i.e.
returning int  and not being void?)
This will allow them to check that the packet actually looks like JXTA
and if not return 0 and tell ethereal "no this is not my protocol, go
try the next one instead".

I also wanted to point you towards heuristic dissectors but see that
you already asked about it and you are obviously aware then why that
is good change to make :-)