Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] IKEv2 support

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:35:56 +1100
A lot of the lists for strings in this dissector use locally defined structs
such as static struct type2str_t v2_idtypestr[] = {
and locally defined macros to search them.

It would be much better if these lists of strings were changed into a
struct value_string  since htere are standard methods (val_to_str) in ethereal
to parse this kind of very common datastructure.

Using a value_string will also allow you to specify
VALS(value_string_name) in the
hf declarations which will make the GUI filter builder much prettier
for those that use that
one.
Note that a value_string must be terminated by a {0, NULL } entry.

can you consider refactoring all the lists of strings into being value_string ?