Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal 0.10.9 remote buffer overflow vulnerability

From: Diego Giagio <dgiagio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:12:37 -0300
First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Diego Giagio, I'm brazilian,
23, and I work as Security Consultant.

I've been analyzing Ethereal's source code for a few days now and I found a
remote buffer overflow vulnerability on one of its dissectors. An exploit was
developed as proof-of-concept but won't be made public until the bug is
corrected.

I'll be waiting for your contact to give you more details. Hope this gets
fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for developing such great software.

Diego Giagio