Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Issue compiling Ethereal

From: "Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra)" <olivier.jacques@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:45:29 +0100
> I am trying to get Ethereal to compile on HP-UX 11.iV2 and
> get a rather odd error. If you could take a look at it to see
> if there is a simple solution.
> I am using gcc 3.4.3

Hello Richard,

If you just need to use Ethereal, then you can download the binary
software depot from hp.com (bunch of tools in which you will find
Ethereal 0.10.9):
http://software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumbe
r=HPUXIEXP1123

Now, if you need to compile Ethereal because you made modifications,
first you should try to compile the most up-to-date svn checkout, as
explained here: http://www.ethereal.com/development.html

Olivier.