Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] [patch] RMT warning fixes and IP over UDP

From: Stefano Pettini <spettini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:13:57 +0100
Hi!

Please find attached a patch against SVN version 13537.

Changelog:

1) added _U_ tags in RMT dissectors to suppress "unused parameter" warnings.

2) added a dissector_add_handle("ip.udp", ip_handle) to IP dissector, to allow the following chain of protocols: IP over UDP over IP. It seems uncommon, but it's used by implementations of experimental protocols (e.g. TCP-XM) that run a userspace IP stack (e.g. lwIP) over UDP. The dissector of IP over UDP must be enabled explicitly using the "decode as..." window.

Thanks.

Ciao
Stefano