Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] rev 13472: /trunk/gtk/: main.c

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:59:20 +0100
Ethereal development <ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 23.02.05 14:12:53:

> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:23:22PM +0000, ulfl@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Log:
> >  There seems to be some disagreement about if and how the welcome screen feature should be implemented.
> >  As I currently don't have the time to continue this, I've temporarily disabled it.
>
> Hmm, it looked to me that there was more feedback in favour of the new
> screen than against it. I liked it :-(

Well, I like it too :-), but there were some opinions that didn't liked the current design of the page, and I would agree to their opinion.

I didn't throw that thing away, but there has to be some more work done until it can be released to our end user's IMHO. I just want to prevent: This release this design, next release another one and so one.

But as I've noted, I will concentrate my (currently limited) effort on the capture changes for now.

As there's no actual date planned for the next Ethereal release, there might even be some more time after finishing the capture changes, so I'm maybe able to continue this feature even before the next release (ok, if I think how much work still left for the capturing things, I'm maybe dreaming here) ...