Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [patch] Search harder for krb5-config

From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:47:40 +0100
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:24:58PM +1100, Brad Hards wrote:
+         AC_PATH_PROG(KRB5_CONFIG, krb5-config,, [$PATH:/usr/kerberos/bin])

I don't like this. Please fix your PATH before calling krb5-config.
Either you want to use kerberos, then it should be added to your path, or
you don't, then it's irrelevant whether it is in the path or not.

I was about to reply the same way, but still an important questions is: did this installation (in /usr/kerberos) come with a common vendor package or was it a manual installation? If there's a common vendor package that puts it this way, we may want to deal with it, even though it's considered broken to not have it in $PATH then.

+Thomas