Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ERTSP: Ethereal's RemoTe Sniffing Protocol

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:27:51 +0100
Again, my intention is not just to remotize the capture process, it is
to create intelligent probes.
Probes that might be able even to filter transactions (for example using MATE).

I think in telephony (my field) where I could put few different probes
arround the network and  be able to trace a sigle call's signalling
without transporting more frames than necessary.