Ethereal-dev: Re: Disector categories (Re: [Ethereal-dev] Priv sep in ethereal)

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:52:52 +1100
> I think that this attitude is essentially what the OpenBSD people
> freaked about. -- no proactive code auditing, and possibly nobody
> on this list that knows how to do it properly (god know, that I
> don't but, if I'm lucky, I could learn fast).

That is unfair to the BSD people.
They never freaked.
They made the decision that the ethereal audit model was not
compatilble with their goals
and thus they felt they could not continue to distribute ethereal in
good faith with their distribution.

Whats wrong with that?
They were just being stringent in applying their requirements in what
software they provide by default.