Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Help me please with unsupported protocol choosing!!!

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:48:06 -0800
Vladimir wrote:

My name Vladimir and I`m from Saint-Petersburg (Russia).

Please, help me if you can.

I`d like to create an Ethereal Plugin that will be able to capture and dissect some protocol.

And now I wonder what protocol can I take?
It`s very hard for me to choose one in such a great number of known protocols.

Can you send me a list with protocols you`d like to see in "Supported Protocols" section in one of next Ethereal releases.

You probably shouldn't ask only me - I don't know what protocols would be best, so I don't really know what protocols to suggest, but other people on one of these lists, might have some suggestions. You might also look at the "Dissector specific" section of the wishlist:

   http://wiki.ethereal.com/WishList

although many of the items there aren't requesting dissectors for protocols Ethereal doesn't support, they're enhancements to existing dissectors.

A thousand apologies for my English.
It's better than my Russian (ya izuchil Russkovo yazika ~tritsat dva lyet nazad, i slishkom mnogo zab'il - and that's about the longest Russian sentence I can construct without the aid of a dictionary :-)).