Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Where did "Expand Tree" go?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:11:27 +0100
Francisco Alcoba (TS/EEM) wrote:

is there maybe a better *name* for it? Maybe something like: "Expand subtrees"??? Anyone with a better name for it?

"Expand below this line"?

Hmm, that suggest that *anything* below that line (of the current display) will be expanded. So I would guess, if done at the IP level, the TCP and whatever payload protocols you have might be also expanded, what it really isn't do.

In the meantime I've checked in a change to bring that item back, named it "Expand Subtrees" for now. If anyone comes up with a better name, I will be pleased to change that name again.

Regards, ULFL