Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch for VoIP

From: Lars Roland <lars.roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 21:15:56 +0100
Olivier GRALL schrieb:
Hello,

I need to look at H323 communications over tunnels. So, I tried 2 minor changes.

I would like to submit these changes if it's possible in epan/dissectors.

I need to be able to call RAS dissector for IP ports different from 1718 and 1719. And I also need to dissect encapsulated Q931 messages with tpkt. The only way I found to do it is in the patches. I prepared the patches from last SVN source code.

"Decode as ..." should work for h225 Ras, too. At least I find an entry for h225 in the "decode as" menu, when I right click on a udp packet.
May it is time to introduce a preference for the udp port used by h225 ras.

q931 over tpkt should be handled by a heuristic function on any port.
Could you send us a capture with a q931 packet which isn't detected automatically.

Regards,
Lars