Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Priv sep in ethereal

From: Lars Roland <lars.roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:11:34 +0100
Stephen Samuel (leave the email alone) schrieb:
I kinda squirm at the thought of loading yet more code into windows
memory on boot, ehen it's not always used.  I think that the best
approach would be to have it not loaded by default, but have it
still be an install-time option (for systems that use ethereal
rather often).

Thats the way it is. It is an install time option which is off by default.

I realize that the code may not be all that big, but when
deciding policies, my backup thought is 'what would happen if
*everybody* did this?"  Besides, if it adds capabilities for
non-priveledged processes, some people might consider this to
be a security issue.

I am aware of this possible security issue. That is why I made it optional.