Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] DATAFILE_DIR should be set in Makefile.am, not configure.in

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 13:40:58 -0800
Graeme Hewson wrote:

See my earlier message... the global data directory is now defined as /usr/local/share instead of /usr/local/share/ethereal. The code removed from configure.in defined datafiledir=$datadir/ethereal, not $datadir, so I don't think the comment in autoconf.info applies, and I think the code can simply be put back into configure.in as it was.

I've backed those changes out. (There are no references to datafiledir in the autoconf documentation, so it's purely our invention; autoconf doesn't define it, and imposes no direct restrictions on its definition or use.)

There might be a reason why setting DATAFILE_DIR to $(datafiledir) in CPPFLAGS rather than in config.h needs to be done, but that's separate from setting datafiledir in the first place, and if that needs to be done, that should be done with a separate patch.