Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Time for a new (pre-)release?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:08:46 -0500
Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> Tumbling around the sourcecode (as Guy and others suggest, and I agree
> to that) usually brings up some compilation confusion.
>
> It might be a good idea to bring up a new release first (last one was
> 2004/08/12) as at least some GTK related problems were fixed since then.

An installer built from the latest trunk is available at
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/prerelease/ethereal-setup-20040930161108.exe

It includes the latest GLib/GTK+ libraries as well as the recent H.323
enhancements.  I built a similar installer last week, but it looks like
the announcement went to Anders instead of the list at large.

An installer for the latest native Windows code
(win32-experimental-20040923) is available in the same directory.  Now
with 20% more toolbar!