Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] help needed about sniffing on WLAN

From: "Martijn Schipper" <martijn.schipper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:04:32 +0200
Yes, we encapsulate *all* 802.11 frames in the firmware in a LLC encapsulated frame (in promiscuous mode). I have a dissector for these frames, but what kept me from sending it to the list is that we didn't implement the fragmentation in the firmware and the reassembly in the dissector. The frames passed up by the firmware have a maximum size of 1514 bytes. That is including Ethernet header, LLC header and our own radio header. Therefore longer (data) frames have to be fragmented by the firmware. We designed the mechanism for that but we didn't implement it.