Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] [Patch] HAVE_PCAP_DATALINK_NAME_TO_VAL

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:57:49 -0700
Gisle Vanem wrote:
Building with this define requires this patch to capture-wpcap.c. Attached.

Checked in (actually, the other one is what I checked in).

I also added support for HAVE_PCAP_DATALINK_NAME_TO_VAL and the corresponding routine (your patch had only HAVE_PCAP_DATALINK_VAL_TO_NAME), and added changes to the MSVC++ build procedure that should properly define both of those values.

And I get this error with MingW:
  gtk/sctp_assoc_analyse.c:221: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
  gtk/sctp_assoc_analyse.c:280: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
  gtk/sctp_stat.c:369: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to incomplete type `sockaddr_in6'
  gtk/sctp_stat.c:370: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to incomplete type `sockaddr_in6'

It shouldn't be trying to build either of those - the current version of gtk/Makefile.common lists neither of them, precisely because of that portability problem.