Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Help please on cc file

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:27:04 -0700
Raghavendra Pai (ragpai) wrote:

Now i have one snsyslog.cc file to be compiled on LINUX for ethereal (new one).
It is C++ file.
Can anybody tell me how to add this C++ file to ETHEREAL makefile for successful compilation ?

You could try adding it to the appropriate list in the appropriate Makefile.common file (you haven't said what that file does, so I don't know what list that'd be).

However, as Ulf Lamping noted, we haven't written any C++ code for Ethereal, so we can't guarantee that it'd work (for one thing, a number of function declarations probably aren't protected with

	extern "C" {
	}

), and we can't necessarily guarantee that *all* C compilers that would be used to compile Ethereal would accept ".cc" (as opposed to, for example, ".cxx", and possibly other suffixes) as the suffix for a C++ file.