Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] if I want to capture the packets by using the command "tether

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:02:56 +0200
��� wrote:

I have installed the ethereal-0.10.6 on redhat9.0.and I have read the document
about the tethereal.but I am not sure to how to use the filter parameter.for
example:if I want to capture the packets on the 4 protocols (that is
tcp,udp,ftp,http) by using the command "tethereal",How to use the tethereal
command??please give me some directions.
Thanks you.

Have a look at: http://www.ethereal.com/docs/man-pages/tethereal.1.html

BTW: Please don't send question about using Ethereal/tethereal to the developer list, use the users lists instead.

Regards, ULFL