Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Gtk-CRITICAL errors with dual display

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:56:56 +0200
Maynard, Chris wrote:

*Gulp*, here I go ...

First, my apologies once again.  I had posted a few times in the past and
apologized for the disclaimers before.  I absolutely have no control over
these disclaimers.  I wish I did; I can't stand them any more than the rest
of you.  (Thank you Marco for giving me the benefit of the doubt.)

Incidentally, I also hate getting e-mails asking me, "Do you yahoo!?", and
including useless links for free tax advice and the like, but I also know
that the folks who send those e-mails also have no control over what gets
appended to their outgoing mail.
I have complained to my company about this before, along with several other
e-mail related gripes but in the end, the answer I repeatedly receive is no.
So I empathize, and even have to laugh at the absurdity of it myself.
Yes, there is a bit of irony in this ...

But I
also think that it is a bit absurd to punish me (and potentially others) for
my company's useless policies by refusing to look at a potential problem as
a result of it.
Given the level of complaints, I have once again requested my company to
allow e-mails without the disclaimers,
well, as you might see before, that's exactly the reaction I wanted to have, although it might still won't make any difference :-(((

but I suspect that the answer will be
the same, so if you ask me not to post anymore because you are so angry at
having to see those disclaimers, then I will honor your request and cease
posting.
No, please don't get my response that way. If you *have* to send this disclaimers, it's really sad but I think getting response with disclaimers is better than getting none at all...

- Chris
P.S. My apologies for the disclaimer that will surely be attached to this
e-mail as well.
Well, it starts to get funny here ;-)))))

Regards, ULFL