Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] ASN1.C and Packet-ACSE.c and Packet-pres.c

From: "Sid Sid" <ysidelnikov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:19:28 +0000
From: Herbert Falk <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
IEC 61850 is specifying the use of X,509 certificates for Application Level Authentication within ACSE. I have extended packet-acse.c to decode this and the ACSE Authentication values as specified by ACSE and the ACSE Mechanism Name.
I guess it's the best way  - to extend but not to rewrite.
In doing so, I found that packet-acse.c and packet-pres.c make limited use of ASN1.c. Thus they are vulnerable and will break if indefinite length encodings are encountered.
Strong   assertion.
Do you really have example of capture file which breaks acse/pres dissectors?
If yes do you mind to send me such file(s) ?
I guess all what we need is to path acse/pres dissectors if need be using such capture file. I already have MMS capture file you've sent me couple of months ago - seems ok with acse/pres dissectors.
Thank you.