Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Please advise....

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:57:48 +1000
I would personally object to any new dissectors using the old style
asn1.c functions
or definitions  which the following snippet seemingly use :

> asn1_tag_get(ASN1_SCK *asn1, guint *tag)
> {
>    int    ret;
>    guchar ch;
>
>    do {
>    ret = asn1_octet_decode (asn1, &ch);
>    if (ret != ASN1_ERR_NOERROR)

The new asn api is packet-ber/packet-per and using the ASN2ETH python compiler.

It would be a big mistake imho to add more dissectors using the old
obsolete API.

Please recode the dissector using the modern api.