Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to convert raw ISDN internet traffic to ethereal file for

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:53:59 -0700
Tomas Vilda wrote:

I have raw ISDN internet traffic log file (all B channel traffic), and I need to convert it to file format that ethereal understands. How can I solve this problem?

By either

	1) adding to Ethereal support for reading that log file format

or

2) converting it to one of the formats Ethereal reads and that supports ISDN.

If you're doing the former, see, for example, the code to read i4btrace files if the log file is binary, or various of the text format readers, such as the Toshiba ISDN log reader, if the log file is text.

If you're doing the latter, the easiest format to convert it to might be i4btrace format if the log file is binary, or Toshiba format if the log file is text and you can fairly easily transform your text file to that format.