Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Win32: linker problems with cfile in latest SVN

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:06:26 -0700
Ulf Lamping wrote:

After doing a nmake distclean, still get the following:

  Bibliothek libethereal.lib und Objekt libethereal.exp wird erstellt
packet-range.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol _cfile
libethereal.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unaufgeloeste externe Verweise

I guess something to do with the changes in the range files?

The packet-range.c stuff knows about capture_file structures; nothing else in libethereal does - the packet-range.c stuff arguably belongs in common code for Ethereal and Tethereal, rather than libethereal. I've checked in a change to move it back out of libethereal, leaving the range.c stuff there (I'm thinking of adding a new preference type for ranges, so a dissector could, for example, add a preference for a *set* of port numbers).