Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win32: changed config.nmake python setting to use cygwin as defau

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:33:00 +0200
Hi List!

As writing the developer's guide, I found it hard to describe howto setup a working Ethereal development environment.

As one step to make it more easy, I've changed the default of the python setting from

python=C:\python23\python.exe

python=env python

so it will use cygwin as default. This was the only left over tool not using the cygwin environment.

Now the way to describe the first steps getting the build up and running is simply:

get and install cygwin with the required packages

should be enough.

I don't want to prevent others from using whatever tools they like, but I want to have a clean and *easy* way to give novice win32 Ethereal developers a chance for a quick start.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I've also added some small additional comments and removed the obsolete YACC_OPTS setting from config.nmake