Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] new interface types

Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 14:52:24 +0200
Hey all,

I am currently looking into RTP-MIDI which is MIDI over RTP. Than I was
wondering if it would be possible to add real MIDI (the serial port
kind) to Ethereal. Would capturing MIDI from a soundcard-MIDI port (via
ALSA or something like that, I didn't look into the details yet) be
accepted into Ethereal ? BTW DMX/RDM has the same situation, there are
the original RS485 port versions and RDM/DMX over Ethernet versions.

Any hints, info, discussion is welcome.

- Erwin

The RTP-MIDI RFC;

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-guide.txt