Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] TCP reassembly and desegment_offset = 0

From: "Jeff Foster" <jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:56:29 -0500
I'm attempting to do reassembly on a sub-dissector of TCP.
If I return a desegment_offset greater then 0, the tcp code
will call my dissector with more data. If I set the desegment_offset
to 0 and return a length greater then tvb_len, the tcp code
doesn't call my sub-dissector when the next frame is decoded.
The two frames show up as 'Desegmented TCP' in the summary window.

Does anyone understand this? The doc(README.developer)doesn't
say this won't work.

Jeff Foster.
jfoste@xxxxxxxxxxxx

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***