Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New pre-release for Win32 users?

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:10:24 +0200
Gerald Combs schrieb:
Lars Roland wrote:

Hello Gerald,

time for a new pre-release?

Some people reported problems with GTK Version 2.4.4 in Ethereal 0.10.6
and some also reported problems with GTK-Wimp (0.6.1 ?).

I think we should try out whether the newest GTK 2.4.7 and GTK-Wimp
0.6.2 solve these issues.

A new release is available at

    http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/prerelease/

It reflects the latest Makefile/installer patches you sent in (and
checked in by Guy), as well as GTK 2.4.7 and GTK-Wimp 0.62.  It looks
like we may need to do a line-end conversion on the NEWS file; when I
check "Show News" in the installer, Notepad shows the text without any
linefeeds.

Ah yes, I remember why I don't use Notepad. :)

When I bring up the "About" box I get the following error, repeated
several times:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktextbuffer.c: line 557
(gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert): assertion `g_utf8_validate(text, len,
NULL)' failed

Yes, I just noticed that, too. Do we want to make the console output of Gtk and Glib optional as we did with diameter dissector?

Regards,
Lars