Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-users] WinXP/2K crash on startup - No crash if

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:40:13 +1000
One last point,

On XP, ethereal will start if installed with gtk1 & gtk-wimp.

frogzoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok folks,
To clarify, the situation is this

On Rao's setup

      Here are my environment details:
   NIC: Intel 8255x-based Integrated Fast Ethernet
   CPU : Intel Pentinum IV 2.0 GHz
   OS : Windows 2000 Professional Edition (5.00.2195) with Service Pack 4
   WinPCap : 3.0
Ethereal starts only with Gtk1, and whether gtk-wimp is installed makes no difference.

On my setup (XP Pro), and Timothy Cook's, (XP sp4), ethereal starts with gtk2, but only if gtk-wimp is not installed.

Cheers

PW

----- Origina

Cook, Timothy wrote:

Ethereal starts up without errors!!!
I'm able to run 0.10.6 w/GTK2 & no GTK-Wimp on Win2K (w/SP4). I'm not capturing IPv6 packets. I have noticed on a couple of our machines, we had to select the only NIC interface or the capture would crash.

Let me know if more info is needed.

Tim