Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-users] WinXP/2K crash on startup - No crash if GTK1

From: "O.L.N.Rao" <olnrao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:57:40 +0530
Hello All,

    At last I could use 0.10.6 version on Win2K :).

    I tried the following and concluded that the problem is because of GTK2.

    1) GTK1 (Legacy Interface) with Gtk-Wimp
    2) GTK1 (Legacy Interface) with out Gtk-Wimp
    3) GTK2 with Gtk-Wimp
    4) GTK2 with out Gtk-Wimp

    In former two cases ethreal did not crash on start-up.
    However, in the later two cases ethereal crashed on start-up.
    So, for those crashed cases I have removed my personal configuration and
tried.
    It still crashed and I left those cases.

    In first two cases, I tried capturing ip6 packets. Fortunately it is not
crashing any more with GTK1.
    Also, I found that GTK2 crashes because of NULL access violation.

    Thanks for alternatives given to me till now.

Regards,
O. L. N. Rao