Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] patch: DAAP dissector

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:13:09 -0700
Kelly Byrd wrote:

I also didn't tackle adding a real 64-bit type and the corrosponding tvb_*
functions.

I've checked in a change to do that.

I'm unsure where that (the FT_ type as guint64) would be done,
so I punted and just stole some code from rsvp.

Unfortunately, that code was buggy (it didn't OR in the lower 32 bits, it overwrote the value in the upper 32 bits). When I added "tvb_get_ntoh64()", I changed the RSVP code to use it, which fixed that bug; I've checked in a change to use it in DAAP as well.

BTW, should the persistent ID be displayed in decimal or hex? If it's hex, you can use "0x%016" PRIx64, for example.