Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] patch: DAAP dissector

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 02:02:35 -0700
Kelly Byrd wrote:

Attached is a patch for packet-daap.c, it's addition to Makefile.common,
and some logic in packet-http.c

Unfortunately, it doesn't work:

	% patch -p0 <~/daap.diff.txt
	patching file epan/dissectors/Makefile.common
	Hunk #1 FAILED at 106.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file epan/dissectors/Makefile.common.rej
	patching file epan/dissectors/packet-http.c
	Hunk #1 FAILED at 117.
	Hunk #2 FAILED at 129.
	Hunk #3 FAILED at 297.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file epan/dissectors/packet-http.c.rej
	patching file epan/dissectors/packet-daap.c
	patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
	patch: **** malformed patch at line 462:

I think the first two problems are due to the capture having spaces, rather than tabs, in it (the list of dissector source file names in Makefile.common is indented with tabs, but the patch had spaces); I don't know what the third problem is.

I also didn't tackle adding a real 64-bit type and the corrosponding tvb_*
functions. I'm unsure where that (the FT_ type as guint64) would be done,
so I punted and just stole some code from rsvp.

Adding it'd involve changing how FT_UINT64 and FT_INT64 work (having *two* types of 64-bit integral type would be wrong), and you'd also have to fix the dissectors that use that to work with the new type - it's doable, but it's a fair bit of work.