Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal dump core when trying to decode mapi encrypted data

From: TJ Li <tiejli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:51:43 -0700 (PDT)
What is purpose of pinfo->fd->flags.visited?

The core dump happened because pinfo->fd->flags.visited is 1 in packet-dcerpc-mapi.c, but
mmd=g_hash_table_lookup(mapi_decrypted_table, &mmd_key) return NULL.

#0  0x4020a7fb in mapi_decrypt_pdu (tvb=0xbc90568, offset=32, pinfo=0xc608f68,
tree=0x84050e8, drep=0x0)
    at ../packet-dcerpc-mapi.c:188
188             add_new_data_source(pinfo, mmd->tvb, "Decrypted MAPI");
(gdb) p mmd
$1 = (mapi_decrypted_data_t *) 0x0
(gdb) p pinfo->fd->flags.visited
$2 = 1

It happened when user  open "Encrypted data" subtree for a MAPI packet before doing Decry
MAPI PDUs. The following logic seems wrong. Can someone take a look?

   if(!pinfo->fd->flags.visited){
      ptr=(const unsigned char *)tvb_get_ptr(tvb, offset, len);
      mmd=g_mem_chunk_alloc(mapi_decrypted_data_chunk);
      mmd->callid=di->call_id;
      mmd->frame=pinfo->fd->num;
      mmd->data=g_malloc(len);
      for(i=0;i<len;i++){
         mmd->data[i]=ptr[i]^0xa5;
      }
      mmd->tvb=tvb_new_real_data(mmd->data, len, len);
      g_hash_table_insert(mapi_decrypted_table, mmd, mmd);
   }

   if(!mmd){
      mapi_decrypted_data_t mmd_key;
      mmd_key.callid=di->call_id;
      mmd_key.frame=pinfo->fd->num;
      mmd=g_hash_table_lookup(mapi_decrypted_table, &mmd_key);
   }

   add_new_data_source(pinfo, mmd->tvb, "Decrypted MAPI");

TJ