Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Win XP SP1 Gdk-WARNINGS? 0.10.5a

From: Nick Ellson <grimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
I have seen this question asked in the list archives since version 0.10.2
and I have not seen any replies from the developers what might be the
cause or if they have even reproduced it.

I have a windows XP SP1 system getting the same DOS window when I launch
Ethereal, though it seems to run fine as long as I leave the error window
alone. After a 24 hour sniff, 2 more windows of the same nature also
opened up, but again I seem to be getting data.

Are there library version problems with something on my system I can
correct?

I used the Win PCAP 3.0 from the Ethereal website, but the about box on
Ethereal does not identify the version I am running.

Compiled with GTK+ 2.4.3, with GLib 2.4.2, with WinPcap (version unknown),
with libz 1.2.1, with libpcre 4.4, with Net-SNMP 5.1, with ADNS.

Running with WinPcap (version unknow) on Windows XP Service Pack 1, build
2600.

Nick

--
Nick Ellson