Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] about the ethereal-0.10.6

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
Li Haijiang said:
> I have installed the ethereal-0.10.6 on my redhat9.0. when I run the
> command it failed. Does the tethereal in ethereal-0.10.6 not support
"-Tpsml"
> parameter?

It does support it, when it runs on Mac OS X (and possibly with other BSDs
as well).

It appears it doesn't support it on Red Hat 9.0.

All versions, however, should support "-T psml", as well as "-T pdml",
with a space between the "T" and "psml" or "pdml":

    tethereal -T psml -r /var/ftp/0809

(The POSIX 1003.2 spec says that a command-line option, such as "-T", and
its argument, such as "pdml" or "psml", should be separate command-line
arguments, so both the BSD "getopt()", as appears in OS X, and the glibc
"getopt()", as appears in Red Hat, are allowed to behave in the ways that
they do, even though they're different.)