Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal 0.10.6 -Pre - -rpath Option disturbs on HP-UX

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 12:33:28 -0700 (PDT)
Falk Hayn said:
> the libtool -rpath option lets the build stop on HP-UX
>
> Th ld of HP-UX uses the -R option for othe rpurpoeses and therefore can
> not link the libs.

Sounds like a libtool bug.  There is a "-rpath" in epan/Makefile.in - but
the command it's passed to is $(LINK), which runs libtool, and one of the
reasons why libtool exists is to handle differences between linkers on
different platforms.  Perhaps the version of libtool we're using when the
tarballs are built doesn't understand HP-UX.