Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.6 pre-release Save over existing file bug

From: Michelle Moss <michelle.moss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:17:12 +0800
Hello,

I believe there is a small bug when saving a file in Ethereal 0.10.6 (It also
exists in 0.10.5a). It is reproducible (at least on my system) as follows:

- Click to Save a file
- Type in a previously used file name
- Dialog box pops up (actually behind the save window which I think has been
mentioned before) which says "Capture file: "C:\blah.eth" already exists! Please
choose a different file name." and an 'OK' button.
- Click OK and then the Save dialog buttons do not work anymore. It allows you
to type in a different file name but the buttons 'Save' or 'Cancel' are inactive.
- To get out of the situation you need to close the dialog by clicking on the
'close window' x in the top right hand corner.

I am using Ethereal Version 0.10.6 (prerelease 20040806020049) on Windows 2000.
Let me know if you require more details.

Michelle